Competitive Exams Questions Of Computer Sections
hello Readers ::: here is a Computer question paper , It will help you on all upcoming Competitive Exams;
1. All of the following are examples of real security and privacy risks EXCEPT:
D. identity theft.
2. A process known as ____________ is used by large retailers to study trends.
A. data mining
B. data selection
D. data conversion
3. ____________terminals (formerly known as cash registers) are often connected to complex inventory and sales computer systems.
B. Point-of-sale (POS)
4. A(n) ____________ system is a small, wireless handheld computer that scans an itemâ€™s tag and pulls up the current price (and any special offers) as you shop.
D. data mining
5. The ability to recover and read deleted or damaged files from a criminalâ€™s computer is an example of a law enforcement specialty called:
C. computer forensics.
6. Which of the following is NOT one of the four major data processing functions of a computer?
A. gathering data
B. processing data into information
C. analyzing the data or information
D. storing the data or information
7. ____________ tags, when placed on an animal, can be used to record and track in a database all of the animalâ€™s movements.
8. Surgeons can perform delicate operations by manipulating devices through computers instead of manually. This technology is known as:
B. computer forensics.
9. Technology no longer protected by copyright, available to everyone, is considered to be:
D. in the public domain.
10. ____________ is the study of molecules and structures whose size ranges from 1 to 100 nanometers.
C. Computer forensics
D. Artificial intelligence
11. ____________ is the science that attempts to produce machines that display the same type of intelligence that humans do.
D. Artificial intelligence (AI)
12. ____________ is data that has been organized or presented in a meaningful fashion.
A. A process
13. The name for the way that computers manipulate data into information is called:
14. Computers gather data, which means that they allow users to ____________ data.
15. After a picture has been taken with a digital camera and processed appropriately, the actual print of the picture is considered:
D. the process.
16. Computers use the ____________ language to process data.
17. Computers process data into information by working exclusively with:
18. In the binary language each letter of the alphabet, each number and each special character is made up of a unique combination of:
A. eight bytes.
B. eight kilobytes.
C. eight characters.
D. eight bits.
19. The term bit is short for:
B. binary language.
C. binary digit.
D. binary number.
20. A string of eight 0s and 1s is called a:
21. A ____________ is approximately one billion bytes.
22. A ____________ is approximately a million bytes.
23. ____________ is any part of the computer that you can physically touch.
B. A device
C. A peripheral
D. An application
24. The components that process data are located in the:
A. input devices.
B. output devices.
C. system unit.
D. storage component.
25. All of the following are examples of input devices EXCEPT a:
26. Which of the following is an example of an input device?
27. All of the following are examples of storage devices EXCEPT:
A. hard disk drives.
C. floppy disk drives.
D. CD drives.
28. The ____________, also called the â€œbrainsâ€ of the computer, is responsible for processing data.
D. central processing unit (CPU)
29. The CPU and memory are located on the:
A. expansion board.
C. storage device.
D. output device.
30. Word processing, spreadsheet, and photo-editing are examples of:
A. application software.
B. system software.
C. operating system software.
D. platform software.
31. ____________ is a set of computer programs used on a computer to help perform tasks.
A. An instruction
D. A processor
32. System software is the set of programs that enables your computerâ€™s hardware devices and ____________ software to work together.
33. The PC (personal computer) and the Apple Macintosh are examples of two different:
D. storage devices.
34. Apple Macintoshes (Macs) and PCs use different ____________ to process data and different operating systems.
D. storage devices
35. Servers are computers that provide resources to other computers connected to a:
36. Smaller and less expensive PC-based servers are replacing ____________ in many businesses.
37. ____________ are specially designed computers that perform complex calculations extremely rapidly.
38. DSL is an example of a(n) ____________ connection.
39. The difference between people with access to computers and the Internet and those without this access is known as the:
A. digital divide.
B. Internet divide.
C. Web divide.
D. broadband divide.
40. ____________ is the science revolving around the use of nanostructures to build devices on an extremely small scale.
C. Computer forensics
D. Artificial intelligence
41. Which of the following is the correct order of the four major functions of a computer?
A. Process Ã Output Ã Input Ã Storage
B. Input Ã OutputÃ Process Ã Storage
C. Process Ã Storage Ã Input Ã Output
D. Input Ã Process Ã Output Ã Storage
42. ____________ bits equal one byte.
C. One thousand
D. One million
43. The binary language consists of ____________ digit(s).
44. A byte can hold one ____________ of data.
B. binary digit
45. ____________ controls the way in which the computer system functions and provides a means by which users can interact with the computer.
A. The platform
B. The operating system
C. Application software
D. The motherboard
46. The operating system is the most common type of ____________ software.
D. word-processing software
47. ____________ are specially designed computer chips that reside inside other devices, such as your car or your electronic thermostat.
B. Embedded computers
C. Robotic computers
48. The steps and tasks needed to process data, such as responses to questions or clicking an icon, are called:
B. the operating system.
C. application software.
D. the system unit.
49. The two broad categories of software are:
A. word processing and spreadsheet.
B. transaction and application.
C. Windows and Mac OS.
D. system and application.
50. The metal or plastic case that holds all the physical parts of the computer is the:
A. system unit.