Previous year Indian Coast Guard Navik Solved Exam Question Paper
Indian Coast Guard Navik Last Year Solved Exam Paper -
Recently Indian Coast Guard (Ministry of Defence) has announced recruitment For Navik ( General Duty For More Information Click Here ) & here http://govtjobsresults.com is bringing a sample paper for Indian Coast Guard Navik -
Directions—(Q. 1—10): In the following questions, sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate and suitable word. Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four and indicate your correct response.
1. The bride settled…….. very well in the new environment.
2. His persuasive tone was able to tackle the boy whom other teachers had found……
3. I always fall…….. old friends in times of need.
(C) back on
4. The campers………. their tents at the base of the mountain.
5. The party decided to take the shortest………… to its destination.
6. The manager needs to hold……… his anger.
7. The girl was very pleased……….. herself.
8. Desire………… self-expression is one of the basic qualities of man.
9. The farmers suffered because the monsoon did not arrive………. time.
10. If………… permits, we will go out for a walk.
Directions—(Q.11—20): In the following questions, four alternatives are given for the bold idiom/phrase. Choose the alternative which BEST EXPRESSES the MEANING of the bold idiom/ phrase and indicate your correct alternative.
11. The passing of anti-defection law struck a chill to the heart of every opportunistic legislator.
(A) caused anger
(B) caused relief
(C) aroused fear
(D) awakened bitterness
12. Our house is within a stone’s throw from the Red Building.
(A) far off
(B) far away
(C) very near to
13. He has a bone to pick with his cousin.
(A) reasonable agreement
(B) cause of quarrel
(C) cause of doubt
(D) difference of opinion
14. The day I graduated was a red-letter day for me.
(A) a dangerous day
(B) an important day
(C) an eventful day
(D) a formidable day
15. Many young artists were dropping names at the party to impress the gathering.
(A) talking proudly about their family members
(B) Using per names
(C) Hinting at high connections
(D) Talking informally
16. The teacher announced that she had no blue eyed boys in the class.
(A) Royal children
(B) Young boys
17. The company has run into a lot of debts.
(C) Opened up
18. He was confident that all his present sufferings will soon blow oer.
(B) Pass off
(C) Be looked into
(D) Be taken care of
19. The teacher advised the students to take into account the advice given by the elders.
(A) To obey
(B) To neglect
(C) To consider
(D) To reject
20. The lawyer asked his assistant to collect the details regarding the pros and cons of the case.
(A) Ups and downs
(B) In and out
(C) Weak and strong
(D) For and against
Directions—(Q. Q. 21—25): In these questions, out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given bold words/sentence and indicate your correct answer.
21. A government by officials.
22. One who walks in sleep?
23. Commencement of adjacent words with the same letter.
(C) Transferred epithet
24. A specialist who tests eyesight.
25. A wall built to prevent the sea or a river from flooding an area